Actress Amanda Bynes pleads not guilty in DUI case
LOS ANGELES (AP) - June 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- An attorney for actress Amanda Bynes has entered a not-guilty plea on her behalf in a driving under the influence case.
The actress did not attend the arraignment Wednesday in Beverly Hills. She was charged Tuesday, roughly two months after she was arrested after grazing a sheriff's patrol car.
The actress also directed a Twitter message at President Barack Obama asking him to fire the deputy who arrested her, writing she doesn't drink. After her arrest, the 26-year-old refused a test that would have determined if she was drunk or used drugs.
District Attorney's spokeswoman Jane Robison says a pretrial hearing is set for July 18.
Bynes is known for her role in the WB's "What I Like About You."
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney 16 min ago
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight 49 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- Woman hospitalized in West Oak Lane fire 47 min ago
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing
- Start to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney
16 min ago
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight
49 min ago