Actress-author Danica McKellar files for divorce
LOS ANGELES (AP) - June 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- The wonder years are over for Danica McKellar and her husband of three years - the actress has filed for divorce.
McKellar cited irreconcilable differences for the breakup from composer Michael Verta in her petition, which was filed on Monday in Los Angeles.
The 37-year-old is best known for playing Winnie Cooper on ABC's "The Wonder Years." She went on to author three books on mathematics with titles such as "Math Doesn't Suck" and "Kiss My Math."
The pair married in March 2009 and have a son who will be 2-years-old in September.
McKellar, who appeared in several episodes of "The West Wing" and other series, is seeking joint custody.
Her filing states the couple has a prenuptial agreement.
movies, los angeles, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 2 dead in Pennsauken doctor's office shooting ID'd 24 min ago
- Stormy to spectacular
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Chrysler recalls 2.7 million Jeeps 50 min ago
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure 28 min ago
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- 2 sought in Rehoboth Beach credit card fraud 46 min ago
- Man accused of sexual relationship with teen niece
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia 48 min ago
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list
- 2 sought in Rehoboth Beach credit card fraud
46 min ago
- Chrysler recalls 2.7 million Jeeps
50 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos