McCreery gets CMT award, diploma from NC school
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - June 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- Scotty McCreery already had an honor in hand by the time he received his diploma from North Carolina's Garner High School.
The 2011 "American Idol" winner took home breakthrough video of the year from the CMT Music Awards for "The Trouble with Girls" just hours before his graduation ceremony at the Raleigh Convention Center on Thursday.
It was a quick turnaround for McCreery, who received the CMT honor Wednesday night in Nashville, Tenn. He then caught a late flight home to walk across the stage in his cap and gown for the 8 a.m. ceremony.
Fans who wanted a glimpse of McCreery needed a ticket to see him graduate. Each student received eight tickets for family members and friends. McCreery plans to attend North Carolina State University in the fall.
north carolina, music, education, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder 39 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman 13 min ago
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ