McCreery gets CMT award, diploma from NC school
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - June 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- Scotty McCreery already had an honor in hand by the time he received his diploma from North Carolina's Garner High School.
The 2011 "American Idol" winner took home breakthrough video of the year from the CMT Music Awards for "The Trouble with Girls" just hours before his graduation ceremony at the Raleigh Convention Center on Thursday.
It was a quick turnaround for McCreery, who received the CMT honor Wednesday night in Nashville, Tenn. He then caught a late flight home to walk across the stage in his cap and gown for the 8 a.m. ceremony.
Fans who wanted a glimpse of McCreery needed a ticket to see him graduate. Each student received eight tickets for family members and friends. McCreery plans to attend North Carolina State University in the fall.
north carolina, music, education, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility 38 min ago
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia