Fire at De Niro's NYC apartment; no injuries
NEW YORK (AP) - June 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- A fire that broke out in Robert De Niro's Manhattan apartment has been extinguished.
A Fire Department spokesman said no residents were injured in the Friday afternoon fire on Central Park West. The fire was contained within an hour, and the cause was under investigation.
A spokesman for De Niro confirmed that the actor lives in the building. The spokesman, Stan Rosenfield, said De Niro is out of the country.
Residents of the building told The New York Times the fire started in the laundry room of De Niro's apartment. The newspaper said 95-year-old actress Celeste Holm and her husband, Frank Basile, who live in the building, were in their apartment as firefighters fought to contain the flames.
robert de niro, fire, new york, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ