Mexico expects big crowd for free Bieber concert
MEXICO CITY (AP) - June 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Bieber may outdraw the Beatle. That's what Mexico City officials are saying as they prepare for Monday's free concert by teen star Justin Bieber.
Paul McCartney's May 10 concert in Mexico City's central plaza attracted some 200,000 people and city Tourism Secretary Carlos Mackinlay says organizers expect "a little more" for the Bieber event.
Officials are planning elaborate security arrangements for the event, with nearly 6,000 police officers, two helicopters, 500 portable toilets and four rings of barriers. Checkpoints will limit the crowd in the plaza to about 80,000, with other fans directed to watch the concert on giant screens erected on neighboring streets.
justin bieber, mexico, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 33 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 11 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges 46 min ago
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop 38 min ago
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
33 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos