Mexico expects big crowd for free Bieber concert
MEXICO CITY (AP) - June 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Bieber may outdraw the Beatle. That's what Mexico City officials are saying as they prepare for Monday's free concert by teen star Justin Bieber.
Paul McCartney's May 10 concert in Mexico City's central plaza attracted some 200,000 people and city Tourism Secretary Carlos Mackinlay says organizers expect "a little more" for the Bieber event.
Officials are planning elaborate security arrangements for the event, with nearly 6,000 police officers, two helicopters, 500 portable toilets and four rings of barriers. Checkpoints will limit the crowd in the plaza to about 80,000, with other fans directed to watch the concert on giant screens erected on neighboring streets.
justin bieber, mexico, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 3 beach homes destroyed in Sea Isle City fire 29 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire 42 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry 57 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business
55 min ago