'Green Acres' character actor Frank Cady dies
LOS ANGELES (AP) - June 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Frank Cady, a character actor best known as the general-store owner on the sitcom "Green Acres," has died. He was 96.
Cady's daughter Catherine Turk tells the Los Angeles Times that her father died Friday at his home in Wilsonville, Ore. A cause of death wasn't released.
Cady played Sam Drucker, one of the less loony denizens of Hooterville in "Green Acres." The show, about a Manhattan couple who left the big city to live in a rundown farm, ran from 1965 to 1971. Cady also played the same character in "Petticoat Junction" and "The Beverly Hillbillies."
He also had a recurring role as Doc Williams on "The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet."
He and his wife, Shirley, moved to Oregon in the 1990s. She died in 2008.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: Missing boy struck by car 30 min ago
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school 1 min ago
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Mercer County
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Man struck by SEPTA bus in Wynnefield Heights
- Stolen cobalt-60 found abandoned in Mexico 2 min ago
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Photos: 6abc at Q102 Jingle Ball 2013 24 min ago
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
1 min ago