GMA host Robin Roberts to have bone marrow transplant
NEW YORK - June 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Good Morning America host Robin Roberts announced on Monday morning's show that she will undergo a bone marrow transplant.
Roberts, who beat breast cancer five years ago, said in a blog post on the GMA website:
"I've been diagnosed with MDS or myelodysplastic syndrome. It's a disease of the blood and bone marrow and was once known as preleukemia.
My doctors tell me I'm going to beat this -- and I know it's true."
LINK: Read more of Robin's post on gma.yahoo.com.
Robin said her sister is an 'excellent match' and that greatly improves her chances.
Robin said she will continue to host Good Morning America until her transplant, at which point she will miss "a chunk of time."
good morning america, robin roberts, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 14 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 7 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets 56 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act