GMA host Robin Roberts to have bone marrow transplant
NEW YORK - June 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Good Morning America host Robin Roberts announced on Monday morning's show that she will undergo a bone marrow transplant.
Roberts, who beat breast cancer five years ago, said in a blog post on the GMA website:
"I've been diagnosed with MDS or myelodysplastic syndrome. It's a disease of the blood and bone marrow and was once known as preleukemia.
My doctors tell me I'm going to beat this -- and I know it's true."
LINK: Read more of Robin's post on gma.yahoo.com.
Robin said her sister is an 'excellent match' and that greatly improves her chances.
Robin said she will continue to host Good Morning America until her transplant, at which point she will miss "a chunk of time."
good morning america, robin roberts, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- A Nice Stretch
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- Computer outage delays travelers at Phila. Airport
- Father, son 'pimps' acquitted after prostitutes testify 25 min ago
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect
- Friends mourn NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Philly deputy mayor: City not liable for demo sites
- Death investigation leads police to home of Patriots TE
- FBI hunt for ex-Teamster boss Hoffa's remains ends
- Rollings Stones review: How old is too old? 15 min ago