GMA host Robin Roberts to have bone marrow transplant
NEW YORK - June 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Good Morning America host Robin Roberts announced on Monday morning's show that she will undergo a bone marrow transplant.
Roberts, who beat breast cancer five years ago, said in a blog post on the GMA website:
"I've been diagnosed with MDS or myelodysplastic syndrome. It's a disease of the blood and bone marrow and was once known as preleukemia.
My doctors tell me I'm going to beat this -- and I know it's true."
LINK: Read more of Robin's post on gma.yahoo.com.
Robin said her sister is an 'excellent match' and that greatly improves her chances.
Robin said she will continue to host Good Morning America until her transplant, at which point she will miss "a chunk of time."
good morning america, robin roberts, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Very unsettled Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers
- 1 dead, 2 injured in 'barbaric' London attack
- SEPTA police chief using Twitter to fight crime
- Woods: Garcia comment hurtful, time to move on
- Body of WWII hero returns home after 69 years
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall