GMA host Robin Roberts to have bone marrow transplant
NEW YORK - June 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Good Morning America host Robin Roberts announced on Monday morning's show that she will undergo a bone marrow transplant.
Roberts, who beat breast cancer five years ago, said in a blog post on the GMA website:
"I've been diagnosed with MDS or myelodysplastic syndrome. It's a disease of the blood and bone marrow and was once known as preleukemia.
My doctors tell me I'm going to beat this -- and I know it's true."
LINK: Read more of Robin's post on gma.yahoo.com.
Robin said her sister is an 'excellent match' and that greatly improves her chances.
Robin said she will continue to host Good Morning America until her transplant, at which point she will miss "a chunk of time."
good morning america, robin roberts, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95 8 min ago
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years 26 min ago
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Missing mom, baby from Newark, Del. found
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook 36 min ago
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire