'Little Darth Vader' to have heart surgery
LOS ANGELES (AP) - June 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- The 7-year-old actor best known as the boy behind the Darth Vader mask in a popular car commercial shown during last year's Super Bowl is having open heart surgery.
Max Page plays Reed on the top-rated CBS soap opera "The Young and the Restless." CBS spokeswoman Elise Bromberg says he will have surgery Thursday to replace his pulmonary valve and repair a hole in his heart at Children's Hospital Los Angeles.
Max was born with a congenital heart defect and has undergone multiple surgeries.
Bromberg says that Max told his mother that he didn't have a choice, and that he "might as well go through it with a good attitude."
Max is expected to be hospitalized for about five days.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Crews race to find tornado survivors; 24 dead 26 min ago
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Local help on the way for tornado victims 25 min ago
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help 24 min ago
- Street-level interactive weather map
- Box of ammo explodes, injuring man in Del. 24 min ago
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- 2 teens arrested at Pennsbury H.S. prom
- SUV crashes when dog gets stuck in steering wheel
- NJ ex-priest jailed after working with kids
- Crews race to find tornado survivors; 24 dead
26 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos