Tom Cruise receives Friars Icon award in NY
NEW YORK (AP) - June 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- required
Tom Cruise was in Manhattan to collect an award, and, yes, promote a movie.
On Tuesday night, the actor received the fourth ever Friars Club Entertainment Icon Award. The evening was a toast, not a roast. Alec Baldwin hosted at the Waldorf-Astoria, where speakers included such former co-stars as Cuba Gooding Jr. and Kevin Pollak.
Cruise brought along his 6-year-old daughter, Suri, who not only got to stay up late, but to take in an R-rated tribute. A few f-bombs were dropped, including some on film by Cruise during a highlight reel of his career.
Numerous plugs were worked in for "Rock of Ages," coming out Friday. Baldwin co-stars with Cruise and the ceremony included a performance by the cast of the Broadway musical on which the film is based.
tom cruise, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm 26 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice 45 min ago
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds 37 min ago
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants 35 min ago
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- $344M Mega Millions numbers drawn 55 min ago
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada 34 min ago
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm
26 min ago