Courteney Cox asks court to drop Arquette name
LOS ANGELES (AP) - June 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- Courteney Cox Arquette is seeking to legally drop her husband's name once the former couple's divorce is finalized.
The actress included the request in a response to estranged husband David Arquette's divorce filing. Records show both actors filed their paperwork within a minute of each other Friday.
Both cite irreconcilable differences as the reason for the end of their 12-year marriage, and both are seeking custody of their 8-year-old daughter.
Arquette and Cox are representing themselves in the proceedings. They announced their separation in October 2010, but both listed in court records Dec. 31, 2011, as their official separation date.
The pair met on the set of the film "Scream" in 1996 and married three years later.
Cox's filing was first reported Wednesday by celebrity website TMZ.
courtney cox, david arquette, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 12 min ago
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 6 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station
- Officials: Valentine's Day pileup on Pa. Turnpike exposed gaps 21 min ago
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course 11 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
6 min ago