Courteney Cox asks court to drop Arquette name
LOS ANGELES (AP) - June 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- Courteney Cox Arquette is seeking to legally drop her husband's name once the former couple's divorce is finalized.
The actress included the request in a response to estranged husband David Arquette's divorce filing. Records show both actors filed their paperwork within a minute of each other Friday.
Both cite irreconcilable differences as the reason for the end of their 12-year marriage, and both are seeking custody of their 8-year-old daughter.
Arquette and Cox are representing themselves in the proceedings. They announced their separation in October 2010, but both listed in court records Dec. 31, 2011, as their official separation date.
The pair met on the set of the film "Scream" in 1996 and married three years later.
Cox's filing was first reported Wednesday by celebrity website TMZ.
courtney cox, david arquette, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police