NYC club where Chris Brown, Drake fought is closed
NEW YORK (AP) - June 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have shut down a New York City nightclub where singer Chris Brown and rapper Drake's entourage got into a bottle-throwing brawl.
A New York Police Department spokeswoman says the club W.i.P in the city's SoHo neighborhood was closed Saturday night because of code violations. The NYPD gave no details on the violations.
Chris Brown, his girlfriend and his bodyguard were among eight injured during the fight inside the club last week. Police say members of Drake's entourage stopped Brown as he was leaving. The fight escalated and bottles were thrown.
San Antonio Spurs star Tony Parker says he suffered a scratched retina during the brawl.
Drake's representatives say he was on his way out when the fight began and did not injure anyone. Brown spoke to police.
new york, new york city, chris brown, drake, fight, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 27 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's 'chute gets tangled in plane 31 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
27 min ago
- Skydiver's 'chute gets tangled in plane
31 min ago