NYC club where Chris Brown, Drake fought is closed
NEW YORK (AP) - June 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have shut down a New York City nightclub where singer Chris Brown and rapper Drake's entourage got into a bottle-throwing brawl.
A New York Police Department spokeswoman says the club W.i.P in the city's SoHo neighborhood was closed Saturday night because of code violations. The NYPD gave no details on the violations.
Chris Brown, his girlfriend and his bodyguard were among eight injured during the fight inside the club last week. Police say members of Drake's entourage stopped Brown as he was leaving. The fight escalated and bottles were thrown.
San Antonio Spurs star Tony Parker says he suffered a scratched retina during the brawl.
Drake's representatives say he was on his way out when the fight began and did not injure anyone. Brown spoke to police.
new york, new york city, chris brown, drake, fight, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Temps Soar 13 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery 1 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland 21 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Temps Soar
13 min ago