NYC club where Chris Brown, Drake fought is closed
NEW YORK (AP) - June 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have shut down a New York City nightclub where singer Chris Brown and rapper Drake's entourage got into a bottle-throwing brawl.
A New York Police Department spokeswoman says the club W.i.P in the city's SoHo neighborhood was closed Saturday night because of code violations. The NYPD gave no details on the violations.
Chris Brown, his girlfriend and his bodyguard were among eight injured during the fight inside the club last week. Police say members of Drake's entourage stopped Brown as he was leaving. The fight escalated and bottles were thrown.
San Antonio Spurs star Tony Parker says he suffered a scratched retina during the brawl.
Drake's representatives say he was on his way out when the fight began and did not injure anyone. Brown spoke to police.
new york, new york city, chris brown, drake, fight, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Amber Alert issued for missing Pottsville teen 9 min ago
- Windy And Cool
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- 3 children rescued in SW Phila. house fire
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing
- Dozens rescued from flooded San Antonio area 50 min ago
- Quick, long-term fixes in works for Washington bridge
- NJ man claims share of $198M Mega Millions jackpot
- Cold start to 1st summer after Sandy at Jersey Shore
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos