Will you still need me? McCartney turns 70
LONDON (AP) - June 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Paul McCartney once sang about life "when I get older, losing my hair, many years from now" when he imagined how life would be when he was 64.
Six years down the line, the former Beatle turns 70 riding high, with his reputation as one of Britain's best loved musicians intact. He performed for Queen Elizabeth II for the concert this month to mark her Diamond Jubilee and will star in the London Olympics opening ceremony on July 27.
For years McCartney's personal life threatened to eclipse his music, with his messy divorce from second wife Heather Mills. In October he married American heiress Nancy Shevell and appears to have found his rhythm again.
paul mccartney, london, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation 40 min ago
- Teen shot in Wilmington
- Man who bought guns for teen sentenced
- ID released of man killed on Pa. Turnpike
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition