Will you still need me? McCartney turns 70
LONDON (AP) - June 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Paul McCartney once sang about life "when I get older, losing my hair, many years from now" when he imagined how life would be when he was 64.
Six years down the line, the former Beatle turns 70 riding high, with his reputation as one of Britain's best loved musicians intact. He performed for Queen Elizabeth II for the concert this month to mark her Diamond Jubilee and will star in the London Olympics opening ceremony on July 27.
For years McCartney's personal life threatened to eclipse his music, with his messy divorce from second wife Heather Mills. In October he married American heiress Nancy Shevell and appears to have found his rhythm again.
paul mccartney, london, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- SUVs collide in Torresdale, 1 seriously injured 10 min ago
- Very unsettled Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers
- SEPTA police chief using Twitter to fight crime
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- 1 dead, 2 injured in 'barbaric' London attack
- Woods: Garcia comment hurtful, time to move on
- Body of WWII hero returns home after 69 years