Wildwood mayor: Ready for heat at Chesney concert
WILDWOOD, N.J. (AP) - June 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- Officials are hoping the ocean breeze will ease the heat at a free Kenny Chesney concert for 20,000 people at the Jersey shore.
Wildwood Mayor Ernie Troiano Jr. says it seems "we went from spring to immediate summer" as they prepare for Wednesday night's beach concert. But he says high temperatures will be a few degrees cooler there, and the ocean breeze generally cools things down at night.
Troiano says they'll still be prepared for the heat with 160 medical and emergency workers on hand, two medical stations and misting stations.
Troiano hopes concert goers don't drink too much before exposing themselves to the heat.
Those who didn't get tickets can watch Chesney online.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Skydiver injured in Washington Twp. accident 32 min ago
- 70s Return This Week 17 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery 28 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run 30 min ago
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver injured in Washington Twp. accident
32 min ago
- Sinkhole threatens homes in Florida
16 min ago
- Easter services in Mt. Airy
35 min ago