Wildwood mayor: Ready for heat at Chesney concert
WILDWOOD, N.J. (AP) - June 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- Officials are hoping the ocean breeze will ease the heat at a free Kenny Chesney concert for 20,000 people at the Jersey shore.
Wildwood Mayor Ernie Troiano Jr. says it seems "we went from spring to immediate summer" as they prepare for Wednesday night's beach concert. But he says high temperatures will be a few degrees cooler there, and the ocean breeze generally cools things down at night.
Troiano says they'll still be prepared for the heat with 160 medical and emergency workers on hand, two medical stations and misting stations.
Troiano hopes concert goers don't drink too much before exposing themselves to the heat.
Those who didn't get tickets can watch Chesney online.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland 11 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 31 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy 59 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos