NY press club condemns alleged photog assault
NEW YORK (AP) - June 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- The New York Press Club is condemning Alec Baldwin's alleged assault of a newspaper photographer outside a marriage license bureau.
The press club released a statement Wednesday saying Baldwin's actions "should not be tolerated." They say he is a public figure and that his activities are "legitimate subjects of media interest."
Police have confirmed that Daily News photographer Marcus Santos has filed a complaint against Baldwin. They say Santos claims he was punched while snapping photos of Baldwin and his fiancée on Tuesday.
The "30 Rock" star says he was only protecting himself. Baldwin's publicist accused the photographer of being the aggressor and says the actor defended himself after the photographer assaulted him with a camera.
An NYPD spokeswoman says no charges have been filed and that police are investigating.
alec baldwin, assault, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody 38 min ago
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold tonight 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar 47 min ago
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak Lane 54 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Couple attacked by cat say they'll get it help
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
47 min ago
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak...
54 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
38 min ago