Radiohead postpones portion of European tour
TORONTO (AP) - June 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Radiohead has postponed part of its European tour after a stage collapse in Toronto killed the band's drum technician.
A statement posted on the British band's website Thursday says they are dealing with grief from the accident and practical considerations that have forced them to postpone shows in Italy, Germany and Switzerland scheduled through July 9.
Scott Johnson was killed Saturday when the stage came crashing down as the crew set up for a concert in Toronto's Downsview Park. Three other crew members were injured.
The band said the collapse destroyed its light show, which will take weeks to replace. The statement said new dates for the postponed shows will be announced June 27.
The band says it plans to begin performing again on July 10 in Nimes, France.
collapse, canada, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show 29 min ago