Radiohead postpones portion of European tour
TORONTO (AP) - June 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Radiohead has postponed part of its European tour after a stage collapse in Toronto killed the band's drum technician.
A statement posted on the British band's website Thursday says they are dealing with grief from the accident and practical considerations that have forced them to postpone shows in Italy, Germany and Switzerland scheduled through July 9.
Scott Johnson was killed Saturday when the stage came crashing down as the crew set up for a concert in Toronto's Downsview Park. Three other crew members were injured.
The band said the collapse destroyed its light show, which will take weeks to replace. The statement said new dates for the postponed shows will be announced June 27.
The band says it plans to begin performing again on July 10 in Nimes, France.
collapse, canada, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight 10 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ