Spurs' Tony Parker sues NYC club over eye injury
NEW YORK (AP) -June 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- San Antonio Spurs guard Tony Parker is suing a New York City club and its operators for $20 million over a scratched retina he says he suffered during a fight involving singer Chris Brown and members of hip-hop star Drake's entourage.
The suit was filed in State Supreme Court in Manhattan on Thursday. It says the W.i.P club in SoHo and its operators were negligent in security and supervision, which allowed the fight to take place.
Chris Brown, his girlfriend and his bodyguard were among eight injured during the fight inside the club last week. Police say members of Drake's entourage stopped Brown as he was leaving. The fight escalated and bottles were thrown.
There was no answer at phone numbers listed as affiliated with those named in the lawsuit.
chris brown, new york city, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila. 18 min ago
- Winter Warm Up 16 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 51 min ago
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home
- Purse snatcher caught on camera in Montco
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Derailed train car blocks road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor 41 min ago
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
43 min ago
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg...
41 min ago
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
38 min ago
- Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
7 min ago