Spurs' Tony Parker sues NYC club over eye injury
NEW YORK (AP) -June 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- San Antonio Spurs guard Tony Parker is suing a New York City club and its operators for $20 million over a scratched retina he says he suffered during a fight involving singer Chris Brown and members of hip-hop star Drake's entourage.
The suit was filed in State Supreme Court in Manhattan on Thursday. It says the W.i.P club in SoHo and its operators were negligent in security and supervision, which allowed the fight to take place.
Chris Brown, his girlfriend and his bodyguard were among eight injured during the fight inside the club last week. Police say members of Drake's entourage stopped Brown as he was leaving. The fight escalated and bottles were thrown.
There was no answer at phone numbers listed as affiliated with those named in the lawsuit.
chris brown, new york city, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Charges dropped against fmr. Montco GOP leader
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family of injured Harrah's racer sues casino
- Suspect sought in NE Phila. Wawa robbery 56 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 58 min ago
- Greyhound passengers stranded for hours in Del. 49 min ago
- Officer-involved accident in Ewing Township 22 min ago
- Snow plow overturns on I-95 in Delaware 3 min ago
- New uncertainty about missing Malaysian plane 17 min ago
- Obama announces sanctions against Russians
- Mick Jagger's girlfriend found dead in NYC
- Photos: Pictures from Phila. St. Patrick's Parade