With NBC silent, Curry keeps working at 'Today'
NEW YORK (AP) -June 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- Ann Curry is still working at NBC's "Today" show, even as the network maintains its silence on reports that she's about to be replaced.
Curry was in her familiar co-host role with Matt Lauer on Friday, helping introduce musician Kenny Chesney for a performance outside the show's Rockefeller Center studio.
NBC is reportedly discussing a plan to remove her as co-host a year after she replaced Meredith Vieira. After 16 years of unquestioned dominance in the morning, "Today" is in a tough fight with ABC's "Good Morning America."
On Thursday, Curry had one apparently unintentional indignity piled on: At one point as her picture filled the screen, a graphic beneath her face read: "Here Today, Gone Tomorrow."
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow 35 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay 3 min ago
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast 19 min ago
- US Airways, American merger complete 24 min ago
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations 38 min ago
- Obama heading to South Africa 14 min ago
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being shot 41 min ago
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
35 min ago
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being...
41 min ago