NY state cites club that was site of celeb brawl
NEW YORK (AP) - June 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- New York state officials say a nightclub that was the site of a bottle-hurling brawl following a dispute between the entourages of singers Drake and Chris Brown could lose its liquor license.
The New York Post reports the State Liquor Authority filed 14 charges on Friday against New York City's W.i.P. nightclub.
The agency says the Manhattan club has been cited for numerous fights, excessive noise and using unlicensed or unprofessional guards, including one accused of selling marijuana to an undercover investigator.
Liquor Authority spokesman William Crowley says the club is in danger of having its license yanked.
Club representatives were unavailable for comment.
The club earned notoriety earlier this month, when Brown and Drake were involved in a fight that featured patrons hurling bottles of liquor.
chris brown, new york city, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- Stray Shower, Patchy Fog Tonight 30 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Tornadoes hit Kansas, Oklahoma; no injuries reported 27 min ago
- Teen killed over iPad in Las Vegas, 2 suspects arrested
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Phillies rally for 3-2 over Reds
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list