NY state cites club that was site of celeb brawl
NEW YORK (AP) - June 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- New York state officials say a nightclub that was the site of a bottle-hurling brawl following a dispute between the entourages of singers Drake and Chris Brown could lose its liquor license.
The New York Post reports the State Liquor Authority filed 14 charges on Friday against New York City's W.i.P. nightclub.
The agency says the Manhattan club has been cited for numerous fights, excessive noise and using unlicensed or unprofessional guards, including one accused of selling marijuana to an undercover investigator.
Liquor Authority spokesman William Crowley says the club is in danger of having its license yanked.
Club representatives were unavailable for comment.
The club earned notoriety earlier this month, when Brown and Drake were involved in a fight that featured patrons hurling bottles of liquor.
chris brown, new york city, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Overnight Snow Showers South
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- NASA orders urgent spacewalk repairs at station