NY state cites club that was site of celeb brawl
NEW YORK (AP) - June 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- New York state officials say a nightclub that was the site of a bottle-hurling brawl following a dispute between the entourages of singers Drake and Chris Brown could lose its liquor license.
The New York Post reports the State Liquor Authority filed 14 charges on Friday against New York City's W.i.P. nightclub.
The agency says the Manhattan club has been cited for numerous fights, excessive noise and using unlicensed or unprofessional guards, including one accused of selling marijuana to an undercover investigator.
Liquor Authority spokesman William Crowley says the club is in danger of having its license yanked.
Club representatives were unavailable for comment.
The club earned notoriety earlier this month, when Brown and Drake were involved in a fight that featured patrons hurling bottles of liquor.
chris brown, new york city, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: Suspects in $14-million marijuana bust 5 min ago
- Showers, thunderstorms today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa. 1 min ago
- 2 dead in separate police involved shootings
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Allentown fire crews find body in burned apartment
- Driver injured in crash involving Delaware fire chief
- NJ man accused of defrauding FEMA
- Cicadas arriving in NJ in time for holiday weekend
- Jose Canseco accused of sexual assault in Vegas
- Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup 58 min ago