'Jeopardy!' host Trebek suffers mild heart attack
NEW YORK (AP) - June 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- "Jeopardy!" host Alex Trebek is in a Los Angeles hospital recovering from a mild heart attack.
Sony Television spokeswoman Paula Askanas said Sunday that Trebek was admitted to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center on Saturday. She says the 71-year-old Trebek is expected to fully recover and be back giving answers when "Jeopardy!" resumes production on a new season next month.
While he was in the hospital on Saturday, "Jeopardy!" won a Daytime Emmy award for best game show.
Trebek has been hosting "Jeopardy!" for 28 years.
jeopardy, alex trebek, heart health, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Actor James Gandolfini dies at 51
- Splendid spring finale
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in custody
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila.
- Back yard bear prompts photos, videos
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL]
- Video: Phila. choir shares stage with Rolling Stones
- Desmond's slam leads Nats over Phillies