'Jeopardy!' host Trebek suffers mild heart attack
NEW YORK (AP) - June 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- "Jeopardy!" host Alex Trebek is in a Los Angeles hospital recovering from a mild heart attack.
Sony Television spokeswoman Paula Askanas said Sunday that Trebek was admitted to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center on Saturday. She says the 71-year-old Trebek is expected to fully recover and be back giving answers when "Jeopardy!" resumes production on a new season next month.
While he was in the hospital on Saturday, "Jeopardy!" won a Daytime Emmy award for best game show.
Trebek has been hosting "Jeopardy!" for 28 years.
jeopardy, alex trebek, heart health, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Temps Soar 56 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery 42 min ago
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly 25 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 2 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
56 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
42 min ago
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West...
25 min ago