Billy Ray Cyrus makes his way to Broadway
NEW YORK (AP) -June 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- Country singer Billy Ray Cyrus is making his Broadway debut in "Chicago."
The singer of "Achy Breaky Heart" and father of Miley Cyrus is detouring from his Nashville roots in taking on the role of criminal lawyer Billy Flynn for a seven-week engagement beginning Nov. 5.Cyrus starred with his daughter in the hit TV series "Hannah Montana," and has acted in TV movies on Lifetime and the Hallmark Channel. Cyrus has also hosted country music's "Nashville Star" and was a competitor on "Dancing With The Stars."
Other celebrities to join the "Chicago" cast have included Sofia Vergara, Melanie Griffith, Brooke Shields, Ashlee Simpson, Usher, Huey Lewis, Michael C. Hall and Jerry Springer.
broadway, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Damp and Cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Bear spotted in Bucks County
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Water main break forces evacuation of Fishtown bar
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash
- Video: Caught on tape: Huge tornado in Kansas
- White House insists Obama was not involved in IRS
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list