Billy Ray Cyrus makes his way to Broadway
NEW YORK (AP) -June 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- Country singer Billy Ray Cyrus is making his Broadway debut in "Chicago."
The singer of "Achy Breaky Heart" and father of Miley Cyrus is detouring from his Nashville roots in taking on the role of criminal lawyer Billy Flynn for a seven-week engagement beginning Nov. 5.Cyrus starred with his daughter in the hit TV series "Hannah Montana," and has acted in TV movies on Lifetime and the Hallmark Channel. Cyrus has also hosted country music's "Nashville Star" and was a competitor on "Dancing With The Stars."
Other celebrities to join the "Chicago" cast have included Sofia Vergara, Melanie Griffith, Brooke Shields, Ashlee Simpson, Usher, Huey Lewis, Michael C. Hall and Jerry Springer.
broadway, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 23 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash 23 min ago
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
- Carolers to perform for cancer patient in...
1 min ago