Billy Ray Cyrus makes his way to Broadway
NEW YORK (AP) -June 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- Country singer Billy Ray Cyrus is making his Broadway debut in "Chicago."
The singer of "Achy Breaky Heart" and father of Miley Cyrus is detouring from his Nashville roots in taking on the role of criminal lawyer Billy Flynn for a seven-week engagement beginning Nov. 5.Cyrus starred with his daughter in the hit TV series "Hannah Montana," and has acted in TV movies on Lifetime and the Hallmark Channel. Cyrus has also hosted country music's "Nashville Star" and was a competitor on "Dancing With The Stars."
Other celebrities to join the "Chicago" cast have included Sofia Vergara, Melanie Griffith, Brooke Shields, Ashlee Simpson, Usher, Huey Lewis, Michael C. Hall and Jerry Springer.
broadway, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Warm and humid, 80s again today 31 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor 58 min ago
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide 37 min ago
- SW Phila. shootings possibly connected to bar fight
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- Report: FBI agent fatally shoots Tsarnaev associate
- D.A.: Girlfriend's murder in Chesco 'an execution'
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
37 min ago