Kenny Rogers avoids auction, sells Ga. home
JEFFERSON, Ga. (AP) - June 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- The northeast Georgia home owned by country singer Kenny Rogers that was scheduled to be put up for auction has been sold.
Grand Estates Auction Co. in Charlotte, N.C., says Rogers sold the house and its 150 acres Wednesday for $2.25 million.
The property is located near Nicholson, Ga., and included a 5,681-square-foot-house, a 2,675-square foot pool, an 8-acre lake, horse riding trails, go-cart track and other amenities.
The Athens Banner-Herald reports the auction was called off suddenly Tuesday afternoon after attracting nearly a dozen potential buyers. Soon after the auction was scheduled to take place, organizers announced Rogers had taken the property off the market.
music, home sales, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School 37 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex
- Western Pa. school reopens after stabbings 35 min ago
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot 17 min ago
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Tuesday's storm
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd 21 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster 2 min ago
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
21 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos