Kenny Rogers avoids auction, sells Ga. home
JEFFERSON, Ga. (AP) - June 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- The northeast Georgia home owned by country singer Kenny Rogers that was scheduled to be put up for auction has been sold.
Grand Estates Auction Co. in Charlotte, N.C., says Rogers sold the house and its 150 acres Wednesday for $2.25 million.
The property is located near Nicholson, Ga., and included a 5,681-square-foot-house, a 2,675-square foot pool, an 8-acre lake, horse riding trails, go-cart track and other amenities.
The Athens Banner-Herald reports the auction was called off suddenly Tuesday afternoon after attracting nearly a dozen potential buyers. Soon after the auction was scheduled to take place, organizers announced Rogers had taken the property off the market.
music, home sales, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor 53 min ago
- Very unsettled Thursday 7 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers 55 min ago
- 1 dead, 2 injured in 'barbaric' London attack
- SEPTA police chief using Twitter to fight crime
- Body of WWII hero returns home after 69 years 29 min ago
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall