LA DA: No charges in leak of Rihanna beating photo
LOS ANGELES (AP) - June 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- An internal report says county prosecutors won't bring criminal charges against Los Angeles police officers who allegedly leaked photos to TMZ.com of pop star Rihanna bruised and beaten after a fight with singer Chris Brown.
The March report provided Thursday to the Associated Press says that after a 3-year investigation, the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office didn't have enough evidence to show the tabloid paid officers for the photos, which became an obstacle in charging them.
Officers Blanca Lopez and Rebecca Reyes may still get fired from the LAPD for allegedly leaking the photos and are slated to appear before disciplinary panels in August.
A call to Rihanna's attorney seeking comment wasn't immediately returned.
Brown was arrested on suspicion of beating Robyn Rihanna Fenty on Feb. 8, 2009.
rihanna, chris brown, los angeles, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 18 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 11 min ago
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act