Savannah Guthrie in place after Curry
NEW YORK (AP) - June 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- There's no word if she has the job full-time, but Savannah Guthrie was in Ann Curry's former chair as co-host of NBC's "Today" show on Friday.
Guthrie sat beside Matt Lauer, discussing stories about the Colorado wildfires and Supreme Court health care decision and later making Fourth of July party decorations and dancing to a Maroon 5 concert. She replaced Curry, who was cut loose Thursday after one year as Lauer's co-host.
NBC hasn't said anything publicly about who will replace Curry full-time, and nothing was said during the first two hours. The show's introduction, which normally announces the show's hosts, omitted that feature on Friday.
The turnover comes as NBC's profitable morning show faces its most serious ratings challenge from ABC's "Good Morning America" since the mid-1990s.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- Suspect sought after West Philadelphia bank robbery
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos