Savannah Guthrie in place after Curry
NEW YORK (AP) - June 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- There's no word if she has the job full-time, but Savannah Guthrie was in Ann Curry's former chair as co-host of NBC's "Today" show on Friday.
Guthrie sat beside Matt Lauer, discussing stories about the Colorado wildfires and Supreme Court health care decision and later making Fourth of July party decorations and dancing to a Maroon 5 concert. She replaced Curry, who was cut loose Thursday after one year as Lauer's co-host.
NBC hasn't said anything publicly about who will replace Curry full-time, and nothing was said during the first two hours. The show's introduction, which normally announces the show's hosts, omitted that feature on Friday.
The turnover comes as NBC's profitable morning show faces its most serious ratings challenge from ABC's "Good Morning America" since the mid-1990s.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 42 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
42 min ago