Savannah Guthrie in place after Curry
NEW YORK (AP) - June 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- There's no word if she has the job full-time, but Savannah Guthrie was in Ann Curry's former chair as co-host of NBC's "Today" show on Friday.
Guthrie sat beside Matt Lauer, discussing stories about the Colorado wildfires and Supreme Court health care decision and later making Fourth of July party decorations and dancing to a Maroon 5 concert. She replaced Curry, who was cut loose Thursday after one year as Lauer's co-host.
NBC hasn't said anything publicly about who will replace Curry full-time, and nothing was said during the first two hours. The show's introduction, which normally announces the show's hosts, omitted that feature on Friday.
The turnover comes as NBC's profitable morning show faces its most serious ratings challenge from ABC's "Good Morning America" since the mid-1990s.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- Woman hospitalized in West Oak Lane fire
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- San Antonio flooding kills 1; hundreds rescued 17 min ago
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police
- Start to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore