Savannah Guthrie in place after Curry
NEW YORK (AP) - June 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- There's no word if she has the job full-time, but Savannah Guthrie was in Ann Curry's former chair as co-host of NBC's "Today" show on Friday.
Guthrie sat beside Matt Lauer, discussing stories about the Colorado wildfires and Supreme Court health care decision and later making Fourth of July party decorations and dancing to a Maroon 5 concert. She replaced Curry, who was cut loose Thursday after one year as Lauer's co-host.
NBC hasn't said anything publicly about who will replace Curry full-time, and nothing was said during the first two hours. The show's introduction, which normally announces the show's hosts, omitted that feature on Friday.
The turnover comes as NBC's profitable morning show faces its most serious ratings challenge from ABC's "Good Morning America" since the mid-1990s.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 32 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft 56 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run 2 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
32 min ago
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart...
56 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos