Lauryn Hill pleads guilty in NJ to tax charges
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) -June 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Eight-time Grammy-winning singer Lauryn Hill has pleaded guilty in New Jersey to not paying her taxes.
Hill was charged this month with three counts of failing to file tax returns on more than $1.5 million earned from 2005 to 2007.
Hill appeared in U.S. District Court in Newark on Friday and admitted not filing taxes for all three years. She faces a maximum one-year sentence on each count.
The 37-year-old South Orange resident got her start with The Fugees and began her solo career in 1998 with the critically acclaimed album "The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill."
She then largely disappeared from public view to raise her six children, five of whom she had with Rohan Marley, the son of famed reggae singer Bob Marley.
taxes, new jersey, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
- 70s Return This Week 40 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery 43 min ago
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire 46 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire 57 min ago
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash 45 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing 24 min ago
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite 22 min ago
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom...
22 min ago
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
43 min ago
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia...
57 min ago