Adele is pregnant with her first child
NEW YORK - June 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Adele is celebrating another milestone - a pregnancy.
The superstar singer's representative confirmed Friday that the 24-year-old is expecting a child with boyfriend Simon Konecki. The message was posted on her official website, which crashed due to a large amount of traffic after the news was announced.
"I'm delighted to announce that Simon and I are expecting our first child together. I wanted you to hear the news direct from me, obviously we're over the moon and very excited but please respect our privacy at this precious time," she said on the website.
It's unclear how far along the British singer is.
Adele won six Grammys earlier this year for her best-selling "21" album. Though that disc was based on heartbreak, she has since found love with Konecki.
adele, childbirth, children, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police shoot man in Brewerytown
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- I-5 bridge collapses in Washington
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Armed robber steals $800 from Northeast Philadelphia bank
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain
- Obama to tour Jersey Shore with Gov. Christie
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets year of free McDonald's