Adele is pregnant with her first child
NEW YORK - June 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Adele is celebrating another milestone - a pregnancy.
The superstar singer's representative confirmed Friday that the 24-year-old is expecting a child with boyfriend Simon Konecki. The message was posted on her official website, which crashed due to a large amount of traffic after the news was announced.
"I'm delighted to announce that Simon and I are expecting our first child together. I wanted you to hear the news direct from me, obviously we're over the moon and very excited but please respect our privacy at this precious time," she said on the website.
It's unclear how far along the British singer is.
Adele won six Grammys earlier this year for her best-selling "21" album. Though that disc was based on heartbreak, she has since found love with Konecki.
adele, childbirth, children, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- SUVs collide in Torresdale, 1 seriously injured 30 min ago
- Very unsettled Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers
- SEPTA police chief using Twitter to fight crime
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released 18 min ago
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- 1 dead, 2 injured in 'barbaric' London attack
- Woods: Garcia comment hurtful, time to move on
- Body of WWII hero returns home after 69 years