Avon taps Bon Jovi for new Unplugged fragrances
NEW YORK (AP) -July 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Jon Bon Jovi is going Unplugged in a bottle.
Avon Products Inc. announced Monday that the 50-year-old rock star is the company's newest celebrity fragrance partner. He'll appear in ads for both Unplugged for Her and Unplugged for Him.
The company said the inspiration for both scents is the unique feeling one has listening to a favorite song. The goal is "an emotional connection."
The women's version, which will be available through Avon representatives and online in October, is a floral oriental perfume, and the men's is a woody floral musk fragrance. It will go on sale in November.
Both Avon and Bon Jovi said admiration for each other's involvement in philanthropy largely drew them together as partners.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Shower In Spots
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- No Triple Crown: Oxbow upsets Orb at Preakness