Singer Francesca Battistelli welcomes baby girl
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - July 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- It's a girl for Grammy-nominated Christian singer Francesca Battistelli.
The 27-year-old and her husband, Matthew Goodwin, welcomed their second child, Audrey Jane Goodwin, at their Atlanta area home early Tuesday morning. The family then went to a hospital.
Her publicist told The Associated Press the baby weighs 8 pounds, 11 ounces and is 20 inches long. The couple have a son, Matthew Elijah, who was born in September 2010.
Battistelli says she's been "so incredibly blessed with a beautiful baby girl" and adds that big brother Eli is "so excited to have a little sister."
Battistelli was the first female vocalist in nearly 20 years to be named artist of the year at the 2011 Dove Awards. Her hits include "Free to Be Me" and "I'm Letting Go."
childbirth, children, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- London theater partially collapses; 40 injured 4 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth 12 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty 7 min ago
- Arsonist tries to torch atheist billboard in NJ
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp. 5 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings 42 min ago
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Uwchlan Twp. man arrested following...
30 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos