NY Philharmonic gets $1M gift from Alec Baldwin
NEW YORK (AP) - July 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Just days after tying the knot with his yoga instructor, Alec Baldwin donated $1 million to the New York Philharmonic.
The gift is in honor of outgoing President and Executive Director Zarin Mehta.
The "30 Rock" actor is a Philharmonic board member and hosts its radio show, "The New York Philharmonic This Week."
He said in a statement Monday that Mehta made his dream of becoming part of the world of classical music come true.
Mehta said Baldwin's "remarkably generous gift is just the latest in his steadfast and inspiring support" of the Philharmonic.
Mehta's 12-year tenure ends after the 2011-2012 season.
The Philharmonic said the gift is a donation of proceeds Baldwin received from a Capital One advertising campaign.
Baldwin married Hilaria Thomas in Manhattan on Saturday.
alec baldwin, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted schools; 8 arrested 9 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd 42 min ago
- Woman's body found in Pa. excavation storage site 7 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55 35 min ago
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Boston Marathon begins under tight security 4 min ago
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous' 16 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
42 min ago