NY Philharmonic gets $1M gift from Alec Baldwin
NEW YORK (AP) - July 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Just days after tying the knot with his yoga instructor, Alec Baldwin donated $1 million to the New York Philharmonic.
The gift is in honor of outgoing President and Executive Director Zarin Mehta.
The "30 Rock" actor is a Philharmonic board member and hosts its radio show, "The New York Philharmonic This Week."
He said in a statement Monday that Mehta made his dream of becoming part of the world of classical music come true.
Mehta said Baldwin's "remarkably generous gift is just the latest in his steadfast and inspiring support" of the Philharmonic.
Mehta's 12-year tenure ends after the 2011-2012 season.
The Philharmonic said the gift is a donation of proceeds Baldwin received from a Capital One advertising campaign.
Baldwin married Hilaria Thomas in Manhattan on Saturday.
alec baldwin, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- $344M Mega Millions numbers drawn
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)