NY Philharmonic gets $1M gift from Alec Baldwin
NEW YORK (AP) - July 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Just days after tying the knot with his yoga instructor, Alec Baldwin donated $1 million to the New York Philharmonic.
The gift is in honor of outgoing President and Executive Director Zarin Mehta.
The "30 Rock" actor is a Philharmonic board member and hosts its radio show, "The New York Philharmonic This Week."
He said in a statement Monday that Mehta made his dream of becoming part of the world of classical music come true.
Mehta said Baldwin's "remarkably generous gift is just the latest in his steadfast and inspiring support" of the Philharmonic.
Mehta's 12-year tenure ends after the 2011-2012 season.
The Philharmonic said the gift is a donation of proceeds Baldwin received from a Capital One advertising campaign.
Baldwin married Hilaria Thomas in Manhattan on Saturday.
alec baldwin, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos