NY Philharmonic gets $1M gift from Alec Baldwin
NEW YORK (AP) - July 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Just days after tying the knot with his yoga instructor, Alec Baldwin donated $1 million to the New York Philharmonic.
The gift is in honor of outgoing President and Executive Director Zarin Mehta.
The "30 Rock" actor is a Philharmonic board member and hosts its radio show, "The New York Philharmonic This Week."
He said in a statement Monday that Mehta made his dream of becoming part of the world of classical music come true.
Mehta said Baldwin's "remarkably generous gift is just the latest in his steadfast and inspiring support" of the Philharmonic.
Mehta's 12-year tenure ends after the 2011-2012 season.
The Philharmonic said the gift is a donation of proceeds Baldwin received from a Capital One advertising campaign.
Baldwin married Hilaria Thomas in Manhattan on Saturday.
alec baldwin, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5 7 min ago
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma 45 min ago
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc 32 min ago
- Police: 2 caught red-handed in Radnor burlgary 18 min ago
- Box of ammo explodes, injuring man in Del. 36 min ago
- Couple charged in theft of $854K from township
- Prosecutor: Prison can't hold Savage's rage 34 min ago
- NJ ex-priest jailed after working with kids
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- 2 teens arrested at Pennsbury H.S. prom
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
7 min ago