Death certificate: Griffith died of heart attack
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - July 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- The death certificate for Andy Griffith says the actor's death earlier this week was caused by a heart attack.
The certificate says the 86-year-old had suffered the attack 24 hours before he died at 7 a.m. Tuesday. It also says he had suffered for years from other illnesses, including coronary artery disease, hypertension and hyperlipidemia, which can be a form of high cholesterol or high triglycerides.
Griffith's death certificate was filed Thursday with the vital records office in Dare County. It says he's buried in the Griffith Family Cemetery in Manteo. Dr. Johnny Farrow of Manteo signed the certificate.
Griffith was best known for playing Sheriff Andy Taylor in "The Andy Griffith Show," which aired from 1960 to 1968. He was born in Mount Airy and lived in Manteo.
hollywood, movies, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for Okla. tornado survivors nearly complete
- Warm and humid, 80s again today 18 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Man killed in front of Rita's Water Ice in West Oak Lane 30 min ago
- Bar fight leads to double shooting in Southwest Philadelphia 5 min ago
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma
- Hats get women ejected from King of Prussia Mall
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Kellie Pickler named new DWTS champ