Woman pleads guilty to smashing Cowell's window
LONDON (AP) - July 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- A judge has banned a 30-year-old woman from going near Simon Cowell after she admitted smashing a window of the entertainment mogul's house with a brick
Leanne Zaloumis was arrested March 24 at Cowell's west London mansion.
Prosecutors say Cowell was watching TV in his bedroom when he heard a loud bang coming from his bathroom and discovered Zaloumis inside with a brick.
At a court hearing Friday, Zaloumis admitted possessing a brick with intent to damage or destroy property, but denied burglary and affray.
Judge John Denniss said the 102 days Zaloumis has spent in jail were sufficient punishment, but warned she would go to prison if she breached her bail conditions, which forbid her from contacting Cowell or going within 300 yards (meters) of his home.
simon cowell, london, stalking, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run