Woman pleads guilty to smashing Cowell's window
LONDON (AP) - July 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- A judge has banned a 30-year-old woman from going near Simon Cowell after she admitted smashing a window of the entertainment mogul's house with a brick
Leanne Zaloumis was arrested March 24 at Cowell's west London mansion.
Prosecutors say Cowell was watching TV in his bedroom when he heard a loud bang coming from his bathroom and discovered Zaloumis inside with a brick.
At a court hearing Friday, Zaloumis admitted possessing a brick with intent to damage or destroy property, but denied burglary and affray.
Judge John Denniss said the 102 days Zaloumis has spent in jail were sufficient punishment, but warned she would go to prison if she breached her bail conditions, which forbid her from contacting Cowell or going within 300 yards (meters) of his home.
simon cowell, london, stalking, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 39 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- Video: Dying dog in Canada has bucket list
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
39 min ago
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila.
42 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos