Barry Manilow donates piano to Ky. school district
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) -July 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Singer Barry Manilow has donated a new Yamaha piano to launch a music instrument drive at Kentucky's largest school district and is offering free tickets to an upcoming performance to anyone else who makes a donation.
The instruments will go to help students at Jefferson County Public Schools in Louisville.
WHAS-TV reports that those who donate a new or gently used musical instrument will receive two free tickets for Manilow's July 27 concert in Louisville. Donated instruments can be dropped off at The Louisville Palace through July 27.
Manilow says he is "thrilled to be able to help bring the gift of music to these kids."
The Manilow Music Project provides musical instruments to high schools and middle schools and music scholarships to universities.
barry manilow, music, school, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 injured NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 19 min ago
- 1 person injured in Hamilton Twp. house fire 28 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom 46 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos