Barry Manilow donates piano to Ky. school district
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) -July 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Singer Barry Manilow has donated a new Yamaha piano to launch a music instrument drive at Kentucky's largest school district and is offering free tickets to an upcoming performance to anyone else who makes a donation.
The instruments will go to help students at Jefferson County Public Schools in Louisville.
WHAS-TV reports that those who donate a new or gently used musical instrument will receive two free tickets for Manilow's July 27 concert in Louisville. Donated instruments can be dropped off at The Louisville Palace through July 27.
Manilow says he is "thrilled to be able to help bring the gift of music to these kids."
The Manilow Music Project provides musical instruments to high schools and middle schools and music scholarships to universities.
barry manilow, music, school, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila. 45 min ago
- Winter Warm Up 43 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home
- Purse snatcher caught on camera in Montco
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Derailed train car blocks road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
34 min ago