Rep: Chenoweth injured on set of 'The Good Wife'
NEW YORK (AP) - July 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Actress Kristin Chenoweth was injured on the set of the CBS drama "The Good Wife" and taken by ambulance to a hospital, her publicist and the show's producer said.
Chenoweth's medical condition following the Wednesday afternoon accident in New York was not disclosed by publicist Jill Fritzo or CBS Television Studios. It was not immediately known if she was hospitalized.
According to Fritzo, Chenoweth was hit in the head by scaffolding. In a statement, the studio described the equipment involved differently.
"While filming a scene for 'The Good Wife' in Brooklyn, a gust of wind blew a lighting silk out of place striking actress Kristin Chenoweth," the studio said. Lighting silk is cloth used to soften or deflect artificial light or sunlight during shooting.
The 43-year-old actress was treated on the set by the show's medic, then taken by a New York Fire Department emergency medical team to a hospital, the studio said.
"All of us at the studio and the show are thinking about Kristin and wishing her a quick recovery," the statement concluded.
Earlier Wednesday, a fire department spokesman said a woman at that Brooklyn location suffered minor injuries, but he wouldn't identify her.
Chenoweth won a Tony Award for her role in Broadway's "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown" and an Emmy Award for her work on "Pushing Daisies." She has a recurring role on "The Good Wife" in the upcoming season.
movies, new york, cbs, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 14 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash 43 min ago
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
- Carolers to perform for cancer patient in...
15 min ago