Steven Tyler exiting as 'American Idol' judge
LOS ANGELES (AP) - July 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Steven Tyler says he's exiting "American Idol" to put rock 'n' roll first.
Tyler said he's leaving the show after two seasons to rededicate himself to Aerosmith, the band he fronts. The rock star said he loved every minute on the hit Fox singing contest but added, "it's time to bring rock back."
Tyler's departure leaves original judge Randy Jackson and Jennifer Lopez, but the singer-actress' future with the show is cloudy.
In an interview with The Associated Press as the news about Tyler broke, Lopez said she was saddened to hear that he was leaving. She said that his departure definitely will play a role in her decision to stay and she is unsure if she is coming back either.
american idol, steven tyler, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse 49 min ago
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools relocating students, staff Friday 9 min ago
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Protests overshadow Mayor's budget address
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
49 min ago