Steven Tyler exiting as 'American Idol' judge
LOS ANGELES (AP) - July 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Steven Tyler says he's exiting "American Idol" to put rock 'n' roll first.
Tyler said he's leaving the show after two seasons to rededicate himself to Aerosmith, the band he fronts. The rock star said he loved every minute on the hit Fox singing contest but added, "it's time to bring rock back."
Tyler's departure leaves original judge Randy Jackson and Jennifer Lopez, but the singer-actress' future with the show is cloudy.
In an interview with The Associated Press as the news about Tyler broke, Lopez said she was saddened to hear that he was leaving. She said that his departure definitely will play a role in her decision to stay and she is unsure if she is coming back either.
american idol, steven tyler, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Missing mom, baby from Newark, Del. found
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street 49 min ago
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- No charges for FSU's Jameis Winston 35 min ago
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's