'Modern Family' star unveils $500K Ala. dog park
ALABASTER, Ala. (AP) - July 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- It's a good time to be a dog if you're in the Birmingham, Ala., suburb of Alabaster.
A star of ABC-TV's "Modern Family" series, Eric Stonestreet, was in the Shelby County city on Thursday to help introduce a $500,000 dog park that opened at a city park.
The dog park was funded with a grant from Beneful dog food. It includes agility hoops; a path with tunnels; a field for playing fetch; water sprays for cooling off on hot days; and a wash station.
The canine attraction was built on a section of the 90-acre Veteran's Park in Alabaster. DIY network's "Desperate Landscapes" will air an episode shot at the new dog park.
The Emmy Award-winning Stonestreet has a dog of his own, a 12-year-old rescue animal named Coleman Hawkins.
dogs, modern family, abc, alabama, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run 40 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos