Jay-Z, partners accused of stiffing logo designer
NEW YORK (AP) -July 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- A New York City clothing designer says Jay-Z and his former Roc-A-Fella record label partners owe him $7 million in unpaid royalties for designing their label logo.
Dwayne Walker said in a lawsuit filed in Manhattan federal court on Thursday that he created the Roc-A-Fella design.
The lawsuit says the Bronx designer came up with the logo in 1995 when Roc-A-Fella was just starting out. The label is now a subsidiary of Universal Music Group.
The logo features the letter R, a record and a Champagne bottle.
The Daily News (http://nydn.us/LkIqla ) says Jay-Z's publicist did not respond to messages seeking comment.
jay z, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 17 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
17 min ago