Oversight panel disciplines 2 judges in Lohan case
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) - July 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- A California oversight panel has disciplined two Beverly Hills judges for their handling of a Lindsay Lohan drunken driving case.
Documents obtained by the Los Angeles Times (http://lat.ms/Oz2ewG) show Los Angeles County Judges Marsha Revel and Elden Fox have been admonished by the state's Commission on Judicial Performance.
The judges, who work at the Beverly Hills courthouse, got what are called advisory letters, considered the lowest of disciplinary actions.
The panel determined Revel improperly met alone with an attorney who wanted to take over Lohan's defense in the 2010 DUI case.
Fox was found to have erred in denying the actress bail on a relatively minor charge and refusing to hear her attorney's arguments.
Revel hasn't responded to requests for comment. Fox declined to comment.
lindsay lohan, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!