Oversight panel disciplines 2 judges in Lohan case
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) - July 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- A California oversight panel has disciplined two Beverly Hills judges for their handling of a Lindsay Lohan drunken driving case.
Documents obtained by the Los Angeles Times (http://lat.ms/Oz2ewG) show Los Angeles County Judges Marsha Revel and Elden Fox have been admonished by the state's Commission on Judicial Performance.
The judges, who work at the Beverly Hills courthouse, got what are called advisory letters, considered the lowest of disciplinary actions.
The panel determined Revel improperly met alone with an attorney who wanted to take over Lohan's defense in the 2010 DUI case.
Fox was found to have erred in denying the actress bail on a relatively minor charge and refusing to hear her attorney's arguments.
Revel hasn't responded to requests for comment. Fox declined to comment.
lindsay lohan, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 2 dead in police involved shootings
- Very unsettled Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Surveillance released in fatal Camden shooting
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Brutal attack in London heightens terror fears
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes
- Finding the perfect bra
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees