Richardson to rejoin The Backstreet Boys on 'GMA'
NEW YORK (AP) -July 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- ABC's "Good Morning America" will host Kevin Richardson's reunion performance with The Backstreet Boys.
The quartet will appear on the morning show's summer concert series on Aug. 31 in Central Park.
Richardson announced he was leaving the group in 2006, but has appeared in the lineup occasionally since. The remaining Backstreet Boys - Nick Carter, Howie Dorough, Brian Littrell and AJ McLean - announced Richardson would be rejoining them permanently during a performance in London last April.
A statement says all five are in a London studio with producer Martin Terefe working on a new album that will be released next spring to coincide with the group's 20th anniversary.
Carter says the group "couldn't be happier to have our brother back with us."
music, good morning america, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 36 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case 25 min ago
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; 6 dead, 290 missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia