Richardson to rejoin The Backstreet Boys on 'GMA'
NEW YORK (AP) -July 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- ABC's "Good Morning America" will host Kevin Richardson's reunion performance with The Backstreet Boys.
The quartet will appear on the morning show's summer concert series on Aug. 31 in Central Park.
Richardson announced he was leaving the group in 2006, but has appeared in the lineup occasionally since. The remaining Backstreet Boys - Nick Carter, Howie Dorough, Brian Littrell and AJ McLean - announced Richardson would be rejoining them permanently during a performance in London last April.
A statement says all five are in a London studio with producer Martin Terefe working on a new album that will be released next spring to coincide with the group's 20th anniversary.
Carter says the group "couldn't be happier to have our brother back with us."
music, good morning america, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 49 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's 'chute gets tangled in plane 3 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Skydiver's 'chute gets tangled in plane
3 min ago