Richardson to rejoin The Backstreet Boys on 'GMA'
NEW YORK (AP) -July 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- ABC's "Good Morning America" will host Kevin Richardson's reunion performance with The Backstreet Boys.
The quartet will appear on the morning show's summer concert series on Aug. 31 in Central Park.
Richardson announced he was leaving the group in 2006, but has appeared in the lineup occasionally since. The remaining Backstreet Boys - Nick Carter, Howie Dorough, Brian Littrell and AJ McLean - announced Richardson would be rejoining them permanently during a performance in London last April.
A statement says all five are in a London studio with producer Martin Terefe working on a new album that will be released next spring to coincide with the group's 20th anniversary.
Carter says the group "couldn't be happier to have our brother back with us."
music, good morning america, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila. 58 min ago
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington 46 min ago
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Video: Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
- Beyonce releases new album on iTunes
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila.
58 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos