Carly Rae Jepsen, Djokovic on for Ashe Kids Day
NEW YORK (AP) -July 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Tennis is calling Carly Rae Jepsen.
The "Call Me Maybe" singer has been tapped for the Annual Arthur Ashe Kids' Day at the U.S. Open. She'll join The Wanted, Owl City and Cymphonique Miller, along with reigning men's champion Novak Djokovic , past women's champion Kim Clijsters and John Isner.
The Aug. 25 event, held at the Billie Jean King National Tennis Center in Flushing, N.Y., will feature performances as well as exhibition matches and other activities.
This is the 17th annual Kids' Day. Last year, it was canceled because of Hurricane Irene.
The U.S. Open, tennis' final Grand Slam of the year, begins Aug. 27.
music, tennis, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos