'Best in Show' actor Willard accused of lewd act
LOS ANGELES (AP) -July 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- Actor Fred Willard, perhaps best-known as a dog-show announcer in the movie "Best in Show," has been arrested on suspicion of committing a lewd act at a Hollywood adult theater.
Los Angeles police Sgt. Mark Ro says uniformed vice officers were conducting a routine investigation of the theater shortly before 9 p.m. Wednesday and saw Willard engaging in a lewd act.
He says Willard appeared to be alone.
The 72-year-old actor was booked at the Hollywood police station on suspicion of committing a lewd act in public. Ro says Willard was released after midnight without posting bail.
A call to Willard's agent, Mike Eisenstadt, seeking comment wasn't immediately returned Thursday morning.
Willard was nominated four times for Emmys for guest roles on TV's "Modern Family" and "Everybody Loves Raymond." He also has appeared in other Christopher Guest mockumentary films, including "This is Spinal Tap" and "Waiting for Guffman."
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 45 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard 28 min ago
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry 27 min ago