Usher's stepson dies 2 weeks after lake accident
ATLANTA (AP) - July 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- The stepson of the Grammy award-winning pop star Usher has died, two weeks after the child was critically injured in a boating accident.
Willie A. Watkins funeral home in Atlanta confirmed Saturday it was handling funeral arrangements for 11-year-old Kile Glover. He was a son of Usher's ex-wife Tameka Foster.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that Kile died Saturday morning at an Atlanta area hospital.
The boy was run over July 6 by a personal watercraft on Lake Lanier, according to the Georgia Department of Natural Resources. He had been hospitalized with a major brain injury. Lake Lanier is about 40 miles northeast of Atlanta.
Authorities said the accident continues under investigation.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school 34 min ago
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings 29 min ago
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Mercer County
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape 38 min ago
- Man struck by SEPTA bus in Wynnefield Heights
- Attack in Center City caught on camera 22 min ago
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam 28 min ago
- Burglary suspect nabbed by quick-thinking neighbor
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Researchers: 'Fit and Fat' a myth 58 min ago
- Walker autopsy complete; 'Fast & Furious 7' halted
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
34 min ago
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up...
38 min ago
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
22 min ago