Usher's stepson dies 2 weeks after lake accident
ATLANTA (AP) - July 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- The stepson of the Grammy award-winning pop star Usher has died, two weeks after the child was critically injured in a boating accident.
Willie A. Watkins funeral home in Atlanta confirmed Saturday it was handling funeral arrangements for 11-year-old Kile Glover. He was a son of Usher's ex-wife Tameka Foster.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that Kile died Saturday morning at an Atlanta area hospital.
The boy was run over July 6 by a personal watercraft on Lake Lanier, according to the Georgia Department of Natural Resources. He had been hospitalized with a major brain injury. Lake Lanier is about 40 miles northeast of Atlanta.
Authorities said the accident continues under investigation.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Lots of clouds, damp and cool today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text 30 min ago
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk...
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- AC casino manager charged with promoting prostitution
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Firing of school official in dog waste incident overturned
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Runways reopen after emergency at Heathrow Airport