Boldly go: Patrick Stewart joins Olympic torch run
LONDON (AP) -July 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Olympic flame is boldly going to Wimbledon.
Actor Patrick Stewart, best known as Captain Jean-Luc Picard in "Star Trek: The Next Generation," is set to take a turn on the torch relay Monday. The star-studded journey also will feature tennis stars Venus Williams and Andy Murray, who will carry the flame to Wimbledon in southwest London.
The flame also is scheduled to pass through the set of the long-running British soap opera, "EastEnders."
The torch relay is on its final leg, touring the neighborhoods of host city London before being taken to the Olympic Stadium for the opening ceremony on Friday.
The 70-day journey has seen it go to the Channel Islands, the farthest corners of Scotland, and national landmarks such as Stonehenge and Mount Snowdon.
olympics, london, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos