Boldly go: Patrick Stewart joins Olympic torch run
LONDON (AP) -July 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Olympic flame is boldly going to Wimbledon.
Actor Patrick Stewart, best known as Captain Jean-Luc Picard in "Star Trek: The Next Generation," is set to take a turn on the torch relay Monday. The star-studded journey also will feature tennis stars Venus Williams and Andy Murray, who will carry the flame to Wimbledon in southwest London.
The flame also is scheduled to pass through the set of the long-running British soap opera, "EastEnders."
The torch relay is on its final leg, touring the neighborhoods of host city London before being taken to the Olympic Stadium for the opening ceremony on Friday.
The 70-day journey has seen it go to the Channel Islands, the farthest corners of Scotland, and national landmarks such as Stonehenge and Mount Snowdon.
olympics, london, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands