Rock Hall to honor Chuck Berry with series in Oct.
NEW YORK (AP) -July 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- One of rock's pioneers will be celebrated by the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this fall.
Chuck Berry will be honored by the hall as part of its American Music Masters series.
Berry was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1986. In October, the icon will be the subject of a week-long celebration by the hall and Case Western Reserve University. It kicks off Oct. 22 and ends with an all-star tribute concert on Oct 27. Performers have yet to be announced, though Berry is set to take the stage.
In a statement released Tuesday, 82-year-old Berry said he is "looking forward to reelin' and rockin' in Cleveland."
Past honorees include Aretha Franklin, Janis Joplin and Woody Guthrie.
chuck berry, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 1 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
- Florida Rep. Radel returns from rehab
34 min ago