Rock Hall to honor Chuck Berry with series in Oct.
NEW YORK (AP) -July 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- One of rock's pioneers will be celebrated by the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this fall.
Chuck Berry will be honored by the hall as part of its American Music Masters series.
Berry was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1986. In October, the icon will be the subject of a week-long celebration by the hall and Case Western Reserve University. It kicks off Oct. 22 and ends with an all-star tribute concert on Oct 27. Performers have yet to be announced, though Berry is set to take the stage.
In a statement released Tuesday, 82-year-old Berry said he is "looking forward to reelin' and rockin' in Cleveland."
Past honorees include Aretha Franklin, Janis Joplin and Woody Guthrie.
chuck berry, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- Stray Shower, Patchy Fog Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma, hit other states 37 min ago
- 2 alarm apartment fire in Washington Township 32 min ago
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 2 FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Phillies rally for 3-2 win over Reds
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos